After changing the data location in Settings | Data Storage, you may see the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" in Settings | Sources | View all issues.
This issue occurs when Fastvue Reporter imports data when some of the settings have not yet been moved to the new location. Settings may not be copied to the new location if the Fastvue Reporter service is restarted, or if the server is rebooted while the data is being transferred to the new location.
To resolve this issue follow the steps below.
Note: This will reset the Productivity assignments in Settings | Productivity back to defaults and also clear any usernames and department information that has been imported from LDAP. The software will automatically reimport the LDAP information, but the Productivity settings will need to be manually set again.
1. Go to Settings | Data Storage | Settings and note Fastvue Reporter's Data Location.
2. Stop the Fastvue Reporter service.
3. On the Fastvue Server, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Data Location noted in step 1.
4. Delete the files: Aliases.xml, Aliases.xml.backup and Aliases.xml.old.
5. Restart the Fastvue Reporter service.
6. Go to Settings | Sources, click View all issues and then click the Clear all issues button in the top right-hand corner.
Data import should then resume without the issue occurring in Settings | Sources.
If you're still seeing issues in Settings | Sources, go to Settings | Diagnostic and increase the logging level to Full. Let the software run for five minutes, and then zip and upload the Dashboard.log file (location also shown in Settings | Diagnostic) to http://www.fastvue.co/upload. The log should contain some diagnostic information to help us troubleshoot this for you.