You can open the syslog port using the following instructions on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Instructions may differ slightly for other versions of Windows);
- Go to Control Panel | System and Security | Windows Firewall | Advanced settings.
- Select Inbound Rules and click New rule…
- On the Rule Type page, select Port, and click Next.
- On the Protocol and Ports page, select UDP and enter specific local port 514, and click Next.
- On the Action page, select Allow the connection, and click Next.
- On the Profile page, select Domain, Private and Public, and click Next.
- On the Name page, enter Syslog as the name of the rule, and click Finish.
Alternatively, Start PowerShell as admin and run the following command:
Once you have performed these steps, let the software run for a minute or so. You should soon see data importing into Fastvue Reporter.
For other reasons why data may not be importing, please see our article: No Data Is Being Imported.